Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Blog 13: Lesson 2 Reflection

1. Positive Statement

Of all the things to be proud of when the bulk of it went so sourly was the design of my keynote template. It was clean and simple, yet I did not present to the same degree as the design.

2. Questions to Consider
a. What assessment would you give yourself on your Lesson 2 Presentation (self-assessment)?

AE       P          AP -      CR       NC

b. Above all, I believe I deserve an AP-, despite knowing that wasn’t the grade I saw on the contract. I believe an AP- is adequate in terms of an Professionalism because I spoke at a relative volume, made eye contact with the audience, and asked for audience engagement. In terms of Organization & Creativity, I know I did not have the most stellar activity design—that’s on me and I take responsibility; however, I do believe that the activity itself did apply to my EQ. Audience Involvement is a given and I made sure I was able to complete that part.

3. What Worked 

Although I could have been more assertive with my activity, I appreciated that part of the class was able to understand the handout. When I chose certain people from groups, despite some not taking it seriously, it was nice to hear people try and apply what kind of motivation could be used (though, the vagueness of my answer is entirely on me.)

4. What Didn’t Work?

If I could go back (which I can’t), I would not have waited until the last minute to start this. A month’s time to complete this was more than enough. I admit that I was that person. I would have gotten what needed to be done, what needed to be emphasized, and made a much clearer representation. More importantly, I would have rehearsed what I planned to say so that delivery would have been much smoother. Additionally, If I’d used my time efficiently, without a doubt things would have been different.

5. Finding Value


I would definitely want to consult my mentor for further answers in regard to my EQ. What motivates employees is so vague, so I think the answer could be specific given it comes from an operations manager themselves.

1 comment:

  1. This generally looks good. We are all that person, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Small Grey Outline Pointer