Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer Mentorship Component



2. I spent my summer mentorship at Unical Aviation Inc., where I shadowed my father, Brice Cocjin, who is the Operations Manager of Distribution. The number to reach him is (626) 224 - 4711. 

3. While I gathered all the information that I did, on warehouse management and the different areas it applied to, a few questions I had included:
    • What is the most effective way to lead a successful team in the workplace?
    • How can management techniques be applied in real life?
    • Should every aspect of the gathered research be apart of the project?
    • What information should I be looking for during research?
    • With my choice of topic, what can I do for the independent component portion of the project?

4. The most important thing I got out of this experience was that it requires patience to learn a lot of information you might otherwise ignore (because realistically speaking, anyone could care less about what quality assurance and procurement is). Learning about the different types of operations at Unical (shipping, receiving, inventory control, and general warehousing), is actually pretty interesting because distribution management is just as important as marketing and sales. In a sense, it is the heartbeat of the company.

5. Doing my hours at Unical Aviation did not help me choose a topic per say, rather it solidified my initial idea on doing my project on some type of management. My topic had been related to management and I had initially been leaning on Pain Management, however plans hadn’t followed through. Luckily, there was a plan B. Now all it takes is making sense of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Grey Outline Pointer